The landscape issues are becoming actual always more, because we live in world that we are transforming so fast that sometimes we cannot recognize what we are surrounded by. The landscape has a dynamic character so its continuous transformation cannot be stopped, neither ignored, but it is a civic duty to manage the landscape, unless to destroy or degrade the matters and functions that can allow the natural and semi-natural ecosystems to work in balance. With this premise, the present thesis work aims at exploring the link between the community engagement and the ecosystem services (ES) assessment as a potential tool for improving the decision-making process aimed at the landscape management, especially focused on the rural landscape. The research starts by analyzing the Italian and European regulatory and address frameworks for the landscape management for setting the features of rural landscape and about which its fragilities and potentialities are shown. These aspects need to be balanced by an aware and integrated planning where all the diverse beneficiaries are called to take care about the rural landscape, for managing their own future well-being. The community engagement is a priority to consider in the landscape management, because people who live and enjoy the landscape have the duty to understand how it is transforming and, in consequence of their needs and future perspectives, they have the possibility to decide in what direction orient the management actions. Hence, more attention needs to be given to the participation practices in the decision-making processes. Many examples from Europe, Italy and Vermont are shown that include the community engagement as a fundamental tool to reach, first, a common vision, and then to plan the actions for improving the conservation and/or the transformation of the landscape according to a shared intervention line. These case studies present a high variety of participative modalities and the reasons at the basis of the involvement. Involving stakeholders in the landscape management is important but it is not enough. Indeed, people’s actions for performing the landscape management have relevant responsibility for driving changes in terms of ecosystems functions, and, consequently, related services. Thus, a basic step for improving the landscape management is to increase and deepen the knowledge by assessing the ES. A broad overview of the ES approach is given, from global to local scale, by focusing the attention mostly on the important role played by the social perception of the landscape ES by stakeholders and how this knowledge can be integrated into decision-making processes for improving the landscape management. For this purpose, a methodological “twofold approach” to include a framework of objective and subjective data aimed at an integrated and multidisciplinary landscape management is presented. Finally, an application of this proposed approach is shown in the area of Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo Alto Molise Biosphere Reserve, in Central-Southern Italy. The research is mostly oriented to investigate the subjective data correlated to this landscape, in particular by analyzing the ES perception of different stakeholders, while the objective data are considered already available thanks to several researches that have been carried on during the years. The application presented in the thesis represents a first attempt that wants to put in practice a general and theoretical approach, which derives from the analysis of inputs and good examples reported in this work.
Linking community engagement and ecosystem services assessment as a tool for the rural landscape management. An applicative case for the Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo Alto Molise Biosphere Reserve [Tesi di dottorato]
Università degli studi del Molise, 2015-06-22T14:00:51Z
diritti: Embargo fino a 22.10.2016
Di Martino, Paolo
Di Martino, Paolo
Tesi di dottorato. | Lingua: en. | Paese: | BID: TD17056943
- Caratterizzazione biologica di calomys hummelincki (Husson 1960) (rodentia, sigmodontinae) : genetica, crescita, morfometria ed ecologia : dottorato di biologia animale / presentata da Angela M. G. Martino ; docente guida: Ernesto Capanna ; coordinatore della scuola di dottorato: Roberto Argano ; Università degli studi La Sapienza, Dipartimento di biologia animale e dell'uomo Martino, Angela M. G.
- Produzione, purificazione ed immobilizzazione di ßO-glucosidasi per il trattamento di bevande : dottorato di ricerca in biocatalisi applicata e fermentazioni industriali : tesi di dottorato / della dott.ssa Angela Martino ; coordinatore: P. G. Pifferi ; consorzio tra università di Bologna, Ferrara e Padova ; sede di Bologna, Dipartimento di chimica industriale e dei materiali Martino, Angela
- La carnitina nell'anziano : tesi di dottorato / Angela Marino ; tutor: Mariano Malaguarnera ; coordinatore: Mariano Malaguarnera Marino, Angela <1961- >
- Alcuni aspetti del problema del parametro di densità cosmologico : tesi di dottorato in fisica / Alma Angela Marino ; relatore: R. De Ritis ; coordinatore: E. Santamato ; Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II, Facoltà di scienze matematiche, fisiche e naturali Marino, Alma Angela
- Credito e istituzioni in Italia, dalla speculazione edilizia ai fallimenti bancari : anatomia di una crisi finanziaria (1879-1896) / Paolo Di Martino ; relatore: Giuseppe Conti ; coordinatore del dottorato: Tommaso Fanfani Di Martino, Paolo <1970- >